The Teacher Calendar breaks down the FSSD school calendar into more specific labels for professional learning and mandatory teacher contract days. The Teacher Contract Days are explained in full below. You are welcome to click on the links below for a printable calendar and contract day explanation:
2022-2023 Contracted Days for Teachers
200 Teacher Contract Days
- Student Days
- FSSD Scheduled Professional Learning: 5 days (See below)
- Teacher Professional Learning Days: 3 days (See below)
- Administrative Days: 4 days (See below)
- School Renewal: 1 day (See below)
- Paid Holidays: 10 days
FSSD Scheduled Professional Learning Days (5)
All teachers will engage in learning that is critical to the district or the school; therefore, attendance is expected.
August 1: District Professional Learning
August 2: School Professional Learning
August 4: School Professional Learning
November 8: School Professional Learning
January 3: District Professional Learning
Teacher Scheduled Professional Learning Days (3 days or 18 hours)
A teacher is responsible for a minimum of 18 hours of professional learning. Additional hours beyond the required may be applied to license renewal and as additional hours on the Professionalism Rubric.
- Professional learning hours provide time for teachers to engage in identified topics which support district and school goals. FSSD professional learning offerings are posted in Frontline Professional Growth and offered throughout the year, including after school, on weekends, and during the summer. Professional learning credit is approved through the district.
- Please submit a certificate of completion (via email or interoffice mail) to Summer Carlton for professional learning completed outside FSSD (conferences, workshops, webinars, state trainings, etc.). Mrs. Carlton will determine approval and enter the professional learning credit in Frontline Professional Growth.
Administrative Days (4 days)
Teachers complete administrative duties associated with the opening and closing of school (e.g., student records, reports, etc.).
- Flex day during summer (Teachers log time in classroom, per the direction of their principal, preparing for beginning of school)
- August 3 – Preparation for the opening of school
- January 4 – Preparation for the second semester
- May 26 – Preparation for the close of school
School Renewal Day (1 day)
Neither teachers nor students attend on this day since time has been logged previously outside of the regular school day.
- October 10 – This day is included as a part of Fall Break in exchange for logged time outside of the regular school hours conducting Parent/Teacher conferences.
Early Dismissal Days (6 days)
Students attend in the morning. Teachers engage in school-based professional learning after student dismissal.
- August 5
- September 2
- October 7
- November 18
- February 17
- March 10
*Please note: the 18 hours of required professional learning, as a part of the teacher contract, must be earned outside of the school day (after school, on weekends, and during the summer). However, hours earned during the school day may be submitted as Professional Development Points (PDPs) in TNCompass.
Instruction and Professional Learning
Summer Carlton, Supervisor
Theresa Gentilcore, Secretary
Freedom Intermediate School
840 Glass Lane
Franklin, TN 37064