For the 2021-2022 school year, PGES is focusing on 4 MAIN character words. Each quarter of school, PGES and its students will dig deep to understand each word. Our first word is KINDNESS. We will say the Kindness Pledge and learn to help others by remembering to use manners, to be unselfish, to be helpful, to show respect, to use tact, and to be patient. And as always, we must Stop and Think and ask ourselves if our actions are KIND??? If they are not, then we must make better choices.
It is the mission of the school counseling program at Poplar Grove to work collaboratively with faculty/staff, students, families and community members to help meet the academic, personal/social and career preparation needs of ALL students. It is our hope that by following the State of Tennessee standards, all students will be academically prepared, well adjusted members of society, lifelong learners and productive citizens.
The following principles of the Tennessee Comprehensive School Counseling Program* guide the curriculum, mission, activities and overall focus of the Poplar Grove school counseling program.
- All students* can achieve.
- All students* have dignity and worth.
- All students* need, deserve and must be provided a quality education.
- All students* need, deserve and must be provided the support and guidance of caring, knowledgeable and skilled adults throughout their educational experience in order to ensure success.
- Quality comprehensive school counseling programs are vital to the overall success of all students*, schools and communities.
[*Regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability, socio-economic status, learning ability level or language]
Whitney Chambers-Woods, School Counselor